Monday, February 18, 2008

これから何書くの?

It's probably not the funniest thing to write about but I'm desperate for topics. Lately, Japan has been uncooperative in feeding me interesting news stories. I mean, who wants to read about daily develpments in the contaminated Chinese gyoza case or the Japanese speed skater who came in second? It happened last week, and not for the first time, that again my schools changed my schedule without telling me. They go through all the trouble of contacting my boss and the other school, and then no one tells the person whom the decision most effects - I laugh, or else I would cry. In some respects, a person can live happily knowing their exact place in the world; so I take solaice from that. I'm the last to know. And there is a slightly absurd charm to it that I find appealing about Japan. I suppose if the stakes were higher I would fine offense, but then I would also be on some type medication for stress or depression or anxiety. To take it lightly is definately the most rewarding course of action. I guess I could, in an act of insanity, try to change Japanese culture - but I might as well empty the ocean with pail - plus, I kind of like here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, could you give an update on the contaminated gyoza case? Last I heard it was pesticide, and they didn't know who did it.