Monday, October 01, 2007

Spare Minutes to Spare


School lunch today was especially good - chicken curry and rice. Something that really sticks to the ribs after a morning teaching class and fortifies one for the afternoon meetings to come. In hindsight, I should have gotten a picture of it but it escaped my mind. Having sit down to blog, the other things I wanted to post have also skipped my mind. At school there is a teacher who is on sick leave now. Nothing to serious thankfully; just something that can happen in the course of life. He will take a couple of weeks off to fully recover. However, the Japanese, never wanting to share bad news, have no idea what's going on. I guess I seem a safe repository for the information because - since I am the last to know everything - its unlikely anyone would ask me his condition, which at this point kind of seems like good news.

No comments: