Wednesday, October 10, 2007

New Radiohead is up


I have enjoyed fall until today. It was the coldest day I can remember with the thoughts of winter so far behind us. I froze all day and returning inside all I could do was mutter. Sadly, inside was not that much better. I have never gotten use to the lack of central heating even after years of living here. I have tea now and the heater is on. I'm resolved not to go outside until I leave for work tomorrow, cosily listening to the new Radiohead album. There's lots to say about the new album musically, but frankly I've been more impressed with what it signals for the music industry. For those that don't read The Drudge Report or live under the one rock with no high-speed internet access. Radiohead finished the album around the 20th of September, announced it a couple of days later, made it free, and released it digitally on October 10th. Pretty revolutionary stuff. This topic probably deserves further comment but I'm still considering different conclusions myself. I still want it in CD format however. In a true sign I'm turning at least partly Japanese, besides the dreaming in Japanese, I completely slept through a rather large earthquake that struck around 2AM this morning. 5.8: which is almost a 6, and that's when things start to get iffy. I can't believe I slept through it. I bring it up now because the odd thing was that I was planning to comment on the recent lull in earthquake activity for the area when I noticed something on the news this morning.

No comments: