Sunday, September 02, 2007

うしょしなかった。


This is the absolute last thing I need to do before bed. I have my tunes on and will post today's badminton results: The actual badminton tournament was much smaller than I thought it was going to be. I was stunned because I had been to much a bigger badminton tournament in the same building last year. It was kind of like a inter-club tournament. At least I got to play lots of badminton! Twelve 21-point games in 3 hours (plus lots of practice). Because of the low numbers I was recruited to play doubles as well. Though I lost, I did not, in the process, embarrass myself (if my sweating heaving opponent was any indication). While I feel everything was fair - all the games were close - interestingly, none of the matches made it to the third game, usually a sure sign of unbalanced teams. Besides remembering hitting the frame of my racket a lot I also remember lots of laughing.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

The third picture in the above series - while looking impressive - shows a bad habit that a non-badminton fanatic might not pickup. I should have lead with my racket-foot, instead of my left foot. I blame either running - which has me running to the shuttle instead of stretching for it or that I have been favoring my right thigh lately due to an injury in that muscle. In any case, I will have to stop it if I want to improve my reach. I also included a nice picture of my completely unconventional serve. One thing that I can be thank for; I was at least serving well today. The picture at the very top of this post shows the tape of which I'm well acquainted with seeing as it has robbed me of many good net shots and smashes.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Directly above is my dinner of champions; what I had the night before. Somehow the veggies got left out but potatoes aren't that interesting anyway. That Heineken was a gift from a coworker. I figured I would need the energy of the next day. Besides playing badminton until after lunch today, I also managed two slow-paced low-distance runs this weekend. I made an amazing sandwish with was my local baker calls rustic french bread - and is absolutely delicious - but I was so hungry it was gone before I thought to take a picture. Below was my well deserved dinner; I was sooo hungry. Steamed cabbage with soy sauce. Pumpkin simmered in a mixture of soy sauce, sugar, salt and pepper. Lightly steamed carrots with Ajipon (a mixture of soy sauce and vinegar). Cabbage salad with fresh lemon and olive oil sprinkled on top with salt and pepper to taste. And my special treat: a $9 Hokkaido steak (just pink in the middle). This represents a typical dinner for me, with all the small dishes and such. But substitute the steak for tofu (topped with dried seaweed, fish flakes and miso). For some reason I have been craving protein this week. Why deny it? I worked hard today. Now i am soooo tired.

No comments: