Sunday, March 19, 2006

Wrath of the Monday Gods

Last Monday was perfect, and so I was not prepared for a whole bunch of Monday's coming at me at once today. It started yesterday when I realized my tank was out of kerosene for the heater. It has been very nice lately, but - not consequentially - late yesterday the temperature started to drop and the wind started going up and up. Today we are all surprised at the wind. There are amazingly long sustained gusts that rattle things inside like doors and windows. These two things coupled together can really make Monday miserable. It was miserable waking up to a house that was 8C. I didn't even eat breakfast, I just woke up, drank some warm tea, got dressed, and came to the office because it was warm. First thing this morning I got the ball rolling to get my gas refilled. Previously I had been under the impression that once a month a someone from the gas company came around to check the level. Evidently this is not the case. I was able to sneak out during a morning school rehearsal (that otherwise I just would have been in the way for) and go find an rice ball to eat. It's a shame that it is early Spring when the gas ran out. I have asked for it to be filled only half way. Good news last: Tomorrow is a holiday. (Its the Spring equinox.)

No comments: