Thursday, March 16, 2006

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I don't want to jinxes myself, but it really feels like Spring here today. On Monday it was very cold. Kevin and I debated as to whether Winter might stay around for a bit longer. But as the week went on it gradually got warmer and warmer. Last night it didn't evening go below zero. Today you can walk outside in just a sweater. It felt great. The winter felt much longer here in Shikaoi than Canada; I point I really haven't come to digest yet. But now the only thing to deal with is big puddles of melting snow.

As I mentioned, on Wednesday night I was out for dinner, but so too last night. The English teachers met in town for a good-bye party because with the end of the school year comes a large change in staff at every school. Kevin and I are very isolated from all the changes and just try to keep out of the way of all the busy people in our office. On Saturday I think I am going to do to the "sound festival". I have mixed feelings as to if I really want to go, but seeing as it is being held just across the street at the Pure Malt Center there is really no reason not to go. The same people put on a party in December that was very fun. On Sunday night I think I am going out with the Shikaoi Fire Fighters, Yuki introduced me, and they are a very funny bunch of guys; crazy Yuki says.

Most of my schools are done English class for the year and next week Shikaoi Sho will be winding down too. I think I will be going to their graduation ceremony on Thursday morning. My other four schools all have there graduation ceremonies on Friday which means I have to pick one to go too. I don't really have to worry about Urimaku Sho Gakko because I will be seeing the grade sixes at Urimaku Chu Gakko in April.

No comments: