Thursday, March 22, 2007

Gong Show

I really need to stop sitting in the office and reading runners' internet forums. It's disturbing (especially the injury pages). I feel really good today, no muscle pain whatsoever, but my knees have been feeling creaky lately. Maybe the weather is changing? No pain in the joins however, which is good news; if there was, I would stop running immediately, maybe for months. I think the creaky knees are more from badminton, where you need to change direction quickly, and with my tall frame it puts a lot of stress on my joints. Still something to keep a close eye on I guess. I think taking two days off in a row was a great idea, I probably haven't done that since the end of February. My body is definitely thanking me and I feel like it is building lots of new muscle. Back to the sports center tomorrow and this time for an easy run for sure.

I went to Kamihoronai's graduation ceremony this morning. That was a bit of a gong show I wasn't expecting. Last years was very civil but as soon as one of the two girls graduating started crying it wasn't long until all the other girls and parents were crying. After everyone was settled down again a favorite teacher that was leaving made a very moving speech about his recent illiness, that got everyone crying including some of the teachers. All in all, I feel very emotionally drained considering I sat stoically through all this.

Today is Friday!

I have a Sobetsukai tonight. It's kind of work related. I have many this time of year but this is one I'm looking forward to with teachers and PTA. Should be a gong show. I haven't missed too many badminton nights on Friday so I don't feel guilty.

1 comment:

Monsta said...

It's saturday!! Hmm, whats a Sobetsukai?