Sunday, April 09, 2006

明日学校


Had a busy couple of days before the weekend but the weekend itself was very slow. I had wanted to get lots done and worked hard to get it all done on Saturday. I guess I could have done more laundry this weekend but I have everything I need for now. The weather was great but we still have a lot of snow (as the picture below will attest). I went for a long walk on Sunday instead of a run to get some fresh air. I just kind of bounced around town because the nice path by the river still has over a foot of snow to melt. It's going to be a long time until the Sun coaxes out the cherry blossoms around here.

This week the school year starts again - tomorrow actually. I have met all the new grade ones because I have previously visited their kindergarten. So at least they will see some faces they recognize. I was speculating with another teacher that all the kids would have forgotten me but I was assured that was not the case. At Shikaoi Sho Gakko there is only one class of each grade this year. I am a little apprehensive about that because it means the classes will be huge; some topping forty students. Tomorrow morning at 9:15 PM is the welcoming ceremony. I can only hope it is more upbeat than the graduation ceremony last month.

I have been writing lots lately hence the sporadic updates. Sorry.

No comments: