Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Casserole

I am having trouble knowing where to start. Last night the gang and I headed back to the Pure Malt Center for another night of good eats. We had cake, salad, nachos, fresh French bread, and the main course was a casserole made by me. It was a classic recipe that my family and I have eaten forever. The beef and corn casserole had Kevin and I's mouths watering for a taste of home. For one night every once in a while, it is nice to sit down and have (what I now consider) a very North American type meal. I guess the general distinction is that there was no rice or fish and we needed an oven. I had been very worried - with so many variables between home and here - but at the end of the day I'd say I was bang on. I had been so fixated and worried on how it was going to turn out that I forgot to take pictures. It was very good; sadly there were no leftovers.

I know this it has already become old news, but tomorrow I will post a short update on how I think Ralph Klein's measured, mature, and rational debate on Alberta's healthcare is going.

No comments: