Saturday, March 25, 2006

町みんハール


To continue from a previous post: Kevin and I just happed to find some of my students playing an anime card game (robot insects trying to save a mythical forect) in Chomin Hall. These brothers are always bundles of energy and joy. As soon as the camera came out, both brothers jumped into the shot with me, as if I had any control over it. In the image above I asked them to pose Japanese style, which means no smilling. A fraction of a second is about the maximum children can keep a straight face and you can see the older brother (on the left) struggling. An instance later he is laughing again. Digital cameras are great because they offer instant feedback. Yuu-kun (on my back) was really interested in the camera and asked to try. Kevin was there to keep a hand under the camera. Yuu-kun seemed like a natural, instinctively knowing where the shutter release was and how to operate it. I have posted the image with no post-processing execpt setting the white balance and a resize for the web.

No comments: