Saturday, March 11, 2006

Back to Work Tomorrow


This post is about Friday. Sorry for the delay. I was writing other stuff yesterday but only got a little bit done. Friday was the last chance to go to Kamahoronai Sho Gakko this year. I wanted to say congratulations to my four grade six girls at that school who will be off to Shikaoi Chu Gakko next year. They found it very hard to comprehend that we call the first grade in middle school grade seven in Canada. They were as bubbly and genki as ever. In my opinion having no boys in a class made all the difference; in this case meaning particularly strange children (but funny and kind too).

All the kids at the school seemed to be exploding with energy. I think it has to do with the approaching end of the school year. But I feel bad for the teachers and students because the actual end is still two weeks away. Ganbare! My six grade three and fours would not sit still. Noriko-sensei had picked a good activity for the class (an arts and craft project) but it was still a battle to try and make the kids focus. I didn't really mind, I love that sort of atmosphere; fighting it too much can only make the whole situation worst. I often wondering, when simply watching my students play with each other, if I was that funny when I was in elementary school. The stuff they come up with it too funny. I can't keep myself composed in class sometimes; it's impossible to detach myself from their contagious joy.

I haven't gotten much feed back about my Ralph Klein Third Way Healthcare post except to say that I had spelt his name wrong. Doh! The curse of being a poor speller strikes again. So I had to get that all sorted out. I have noticed several hits from blog search engines but those will decline because time is such a factor. On Saturday Grandma M. surprised me with a phone call in the morning (dinner her time) and I also got a chance to talk to my coz Ryan who finally realized the center of the universe is no place for us good prairie folk. Again the weather forecast has been way off; they were predicting an ugly weekend, and though while yesterday the sky looked like rain, it never did, and today it's sunny.

No comments: