Sunday, January 22, 2006

Sunday Sumo


I was able to quietly watch the last day of the New Year's tournament today. It's over now and they are in the process of giving the champion (the Yokuzuna did not win, in case you're keeping track) about twenty different trophies from varoius organizations. It will probably be all over the news later tonight.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Last night I brought along my small Sony Camera and was in the mood to take a lot of pictures; so I guess I will let them represent the evening. It was a lot of fun; the girls got all dressed up (just look at those boots) and later I bought them roses becuase they are princesses. They knew exactlly where all the best places were. At the bird shop, a popular foreigner hangout (where Kevin and I were the only foreigners spoted) we played fooze ball, boys versus girls. I have a feeling it was their first time. Yuki and Natsue would have had a fighting chance if they had stopped giggling long enough to keep there players faced down. I was also surprised how busy a kareoke parlor is at midnight. We ended the night, before we headed home, by having some really good ramen at a local shop. I have a feeling this is something we will be doing again, hopefully when it's warmer.




Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Got up today, did the dishes, ran, and then vegged while I watch the Sumo coverage. Hopefully I can get Jared Dimond's Guns, Germs, and Steel finished tonight. School tomorrow. Talk to you later.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: