Sunday, January 29, 2006

Monday


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Very sorry about the rambling post last night. I'm not sure what I was thinking. I don't know why I was so tired despite having a very restful day. Today I was felt genki and wasn't tired in the slightest. I feel much less tired during the day now than when I was in university. I would definitely characterize it as a change for the better. Who wants to be tired all the time? Plus, the idea of having to face my students sore and tired fills me with dread. I need my wits about me. Now I only face them sore. Haha. The final thing I will say about getting enough rest is how fast the day flys by when you're not dragging your feet. Loving it.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

These shots are from today, plus one more really good one that I will have to touch-up tonight. I will try and post that image tomorrow. I'm a bit nervous about posting it because maybe it will be very underwhelming - not everyone shares my tastes - but I liked the image. If you look closely at the above image, you can see the grade five class speed skating. I tried to include the plant to add a little colour into an otherwise barren arctic-like scene. I swear it was only overcast for the one moment I took the shot. The rest of the day has been filled with bright warm sunshine; snow is melting everywhere and it feels like Spring. But, of course, I know far better than to get my hopes up.

I had the grade fives (pictured above) just before lunch, and it was a lot of fun. Again, the level of noise was probably rather significant, but it kept their attention well enough. It seems like everyday is filled (to the brim) with laugher. The only thing that gets to me sometimes is the grinding 5-9 nature of the job, which, from what I understand, some people manage to do through forty years of employment. I try to focus on traveling when this aspect gets to me. Trips to Sapporo and such help break up the day to day routine and make time spent in Shikaoi all the more valuable.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: