Monday, May 12, 2008

The answer is: "Yes!"


I decided to take the wedding invitation I received into school to show the teachers since many are of marrying age. You see, from an anthropological perspective it's an interesting cultural artifact. The young teachers commented on it's modern style and completeness (including maps, RSVP information, and such). It led to questions about how big Canadian weddings are compared to Japanese weddings (Japanese weddings are generally bigger because one is obligated to invite everyone from work, but on the other hand, people pay their own way), and I had to talk them out of the idea that all North American bachelor parties are like the ones that make international headlines or are represented in Hollywood movies. I thought the invaitation was pretty novel myself and the answer is yes - I will be attending.

2 comments:

Catherine Jones McClarin said...

My immediate family lived in Japan (Nishinomiya)for ten years. I was born in the USA while the family was home on furlough between two five-year stints. I really enjoyed reading many of your posts. Family stories about life in Japan are my favorites. I still miss Yamada-san, the woman who lived with our family and was my daytime parent while Mom & Dad taught English. I will be back to visit your blog again!

bb said...

Thanks for stopping by.