Monday, July 09, 2007

Timing in Shikaoi

No sign of the Stony Plain delegation yet today. While I was teaching they all packed off to tour Obihiro. I wonder if they are going to the cake factory? It was a hit two years ago. The town is looking really good with all the grass nicely trimmed and every flowered full; timing is everything. Tomorrow the Stony Plain high school students will split away and visit the elementary schools. So we have a little something special planned at Shikaoi elementary for our two. Nothing too much else to report. Things roll along here. I did get two runs in on the weekend though Sunday's was far better than Saturday's when I ran in stifling morning heat. Even though I came in around the same hour and a half I normally do, I cut the last 4km on Saturday meaning I ran a miserably slow pace. Oh well. There's nothing to be done when you can't see your shadow because the sun is directly above and the air doesn't seem to be moving.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cake factory? Who was it a hit with last year? I didn't get to see a cake factory, and I was only in Obihiro for a couple hours with my host family.

bb said...

Oops. I guess I mean two years ago. I will fix the post later...

Anonymous said...

Cool. Sorry I sound crabby in my last comment. I think I was in a bad mood then and I was sure no one had been to the cake factory last year.