Thursday, July 26, 2007

My Day After 5:30PM in Pictures.

For something a little different: my day after 5:30 PM in pictures. (Click to enlarge.)

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
So I'm just about out the door after work and I can hear sirens, lots and lots of sirens, the ones on high poles in case of a nuclear accident or dam failure. I learned later from my firefighter friends that a farmer to the east was burning grass and it got away from him. I would have gotten a better picture, it looked nice with the sun set and all, but I was in a hurry to the image below.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Next was Vivian's stuffy, formal good-bye party. (Not her idea.)

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
The town decked out the entire main street with candles in honour of Vivian. I jest! In actuality it was an event called Night Walk. It turned out to be the perfect night for it because I doubt anyone could sleep with this heat.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Secondly I was off to the English teacher party!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
This is a picture of all-around great guy "Masta", the owner of my favorite bar in Shikaoi, Nizen. He loves foreigners. This is a very rare image, so treasure it, because normally he is always smiling!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Thirdly, with no classes today, about half the teachers still wanted to party last night. Here we are crossing the road after the Night Walk event ended.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
A rare look inside a real Japanese Karaoke bar. Yes, we always look that intense when doing Karaoke.

It wouldn't be fair to show pictures of everyone else without including myself. Cheers! Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good pictures. I always like it when you have the pictures that can be made bigger. And you had lots this time too!