Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Walking to Work

I use to think Fall was my favorite season. But this Spring in Shikaoi has really impressed me. (Perhaps it's because the winter seemed so long.) The weather, for the most part, has been really good. Not too hot and not too cold. Things are slowly starting to get green and it has been fun to watch the changes. Lately there has always been a refreshing breeze instead of the absolute gale that we had for most of the winter. It has caused me to walk to work as much as possible even though I am just under ten minutes away. During the heat of the summer I am sure the sidewalks will seem inhabitable and stifling.

The Sakura are finally appearing here too, a couple of days later Obihiro. Expect some Sakura images up pretty soon. I am thrilled but when I pointed them out to my students they seem less than interested. I don't know why. I doubt my elementary school students are jaded (yet) and I know they will be celebrating under the trees with their parents this week... As will I.

I am still writing in writing mode so I apologize for the sparseness of this update.

No comments: