Saturday, May 27, 2006

Go Oilers! Go!

Much like a convenient source for good peanut butter; somethings you don't miss until they're gone. This will probably be the only hockey post that will ever be put up here. In Calgary, I had never been much of a hockey fan - in so much that I never paid much attention until they were in the playoffs. But I cheered loudly that year. In light of that, I consider it odd that this season I have been craving to watch just one single game on T.V. I was up early this morning to listen to the game live on the net (a great reason not to be a luddite). However, it is most definitely not the same as watching the game; I have yet to ever see Roloson make a save. There are other options if you want to watch overseas. I noticed that a torrent for game 5 went up soon after the game ended. If you think period one was tense; the last minutes of the third must have been heart pounding. I had to get up and walk around after the final minutes ticked away and take some deep breaths. Great game. Congratulations Oilers!

1 comment:

Morgan Smith said...

Indeed! Great game!

Too bad the yahoos on Whyte are making Edmonton/our generation look bad. It's like a bunch of baboons escaped from the zoo and ate a bunch of crack they found in a dumpster. Or the last Woodstock. One or the other.