Sunday, September 18, 2005

I have wheels. I am Mobile.


This image is probably pretty self-explanitory. Its a picture of my car; my very first car. Its an early 90s manual Corolla, kind of grey in colour and very clean. Which I hope to keep that way. Just about to leave work for the evening, the sun was low and blinding. Behind me is the building I where the Board of Education is. The office, as we call it, does not take up the whole building. It's very hard to discrible what goes on in this entire sprawling complex, people that have been to Shikaoi will understand. There's always a lot of activities. Just last week there was an art exhibit in one of the main halls. I have no idea what it was about, but that is just par for the course here.


This picture was taken with Mayor Yoshida, at my welcoming dinner last week on the 12th. It kind of looks like I'm lording over him because I'm a good foot taller. He's a very nice gentalmen and is very proud of his town (and quite rightly I should add). I was kept very busy at the dinner with about three people asking me questions in Japanese at the same time. I also poured eveyone a drink (a Japanese custom showing respect). I did not have time to enjoy the great food that had been prepared, but I was warmly welcomed again later that evening by the english teachers. And would't you know, again on the 22nd I have another welcoming party. How long do you suppose I can keep this up?

No comments: