Sunday, June 24, 2007

Where are the Tomatoes?

My internet was down for some of the day yesterday. It probably had something to do with the earthquake and thunderstorms. Luckily the world kept turning while I was otherwise unconnected.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
A shot from Friday. Notice how sunny it is? The weather has turned pretty ugly since then; just clouds and on and off again rain. This is suppose to continue into Monday, which somehow seems fitting. (Small thumbnails to the left can be enlarged by clicking.)


A new product has made it into 7-11. I had been craving that super sweet ice tea we have in Canada and I bought it on impulse. They also had peach and, get this, pineapple flavor, along with straight summer ice tea. My review isn't favorable. I think it tastes like soap; I guess I'm trying to say it didn't taste like tea or lemon. (I couldn't finish.) I guess I will have to wait until I go to Boston Pizza to indulge my craving.


Made pesto pasta tonight. It was absolutely delicious if I do say so myself. The vegetables (in the local supermarket) were amazing this week! Readers may be aware of the tread in Canada to buy local foods. But this has been the historic norm in Shikaoi. Perfect asparagus, green onions, and carrots all locally grown within an hour of Shikaoi. Even the chicken breast was from Tokachi. The red pepper, which really did look and taste great, and whose price has finally fallen from the winter highs, looked to be sourced from the Philippines. The whole point of making pesto pasta tonite was to use a package of sun dried tomatoes I had, but, in the end, I forgot to put them in. D'oh.

And the piece de resistance:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
And I end this post with a question: What happen to the rest of the truck?

No comments: