Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Finally some more pictures


I think we are all enjoying the lackadaisical - in the good sense - pace of Shikaoi before heading south. Sadly, I still have a couple of things to do at work on my last day before leaving for spring vaction (I got most of the major paperwork out of the way last week). Good pictures have so far been plentiful, which is excellent because we haven't even begun to sratch the surface of opportunities; meaning most of these pictures were taken in Shikaoi.


I just had to include this picture. We ran into a group of my students at the Trim Center as I was giving Terry and Judy a tour of the town's facilities (which are pretty amazing in their own right). Yukitaka, a charming first grader, is having a rather one-sided conversation with Uncle Terry. He is the sort of kid that is very reliable, a rare quality for a 6 year old, and he feel compelled to question or comment alsbolutely everything. Which sounds annoying until you realize young children have a way of cutting ot the core of a sitution that is very insightful. To the right of Aunt judy I draw the reader's attention to the girl with the box on her head. I love it! I'm sure to my Aunt and Uncle it's a cacophony, but myself being familiar with my students' individual characters, I know Ai-chan in shy and thus must turn herself into a robot to deal with the strong curiosity that draws her to the new foreigners that overrides her shyness.

No comments: