Saturday, November 17, 2007

What would you do with a Sunday in Japan?

I worked like a dog yesterday; got up early and did the dishes and vacuumed all before I had breakfast, I was out the door for a run by 9AM. Did my weekly shopping in Otofuke (I wanted to make pasta tonight) and brought four wakayama oranges to some friends. My kindness was repaid with a lunch of trout sashimi and miso soup. With all my chores finished yesterday, I'm looking to doing nothing Sunday. The whole day is open. I normally wake up early so there is even more to fill of nothing. I will probably bundle up and go for a walk before the weather turns bad tonight. With naked trees, grey ground and threatening skies, it makes for a gloomy walk by the river. At least I can say it's warmer than Stony Plain is today. I also have two longish ideas for posts next week that I want to start. Happily, sandwiches for lunch today but what I am most looking forward to is burrowing into my long neglected Complete Works of Shakespeare and finishing Hamlet.

No comments: