Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Hot Summer weather

Everyone in Shikaoi seems to have lost their motivation to do anything as we have seen day after day of 30C. Even in the evenings it only gets down to 24-25C if we are lucky. Compounding this is that we are stuck in some weird twilight zone type weather pattern where is rains (a bit!) every couple of hours. This had lead the humidity to skyrocket. The weather has sapped the energy to post anything interesting right out of me. Teachers can barely get a squeak out of the students and they have all but stopped fidgeting.

I did one thing worth mentioning this afternoon. In a continuation of last month's teacher badminton tournament I can happily report the first grade teachers - with me as their ringer - won. We were given an interesting - and as explained to me, culturally significant - first prize gift of kleenex. It left me sratching my head but people promised it would be usefull. This in a land where I have seen whole glasses of milk wiped up with tissue. It might be worth taking a picture of but that would take energy.

Between work, running, badminton and hot weather far into next week, posting will be sparse until the weekend.

No comments: