Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thursday Summer Time

Just finding the time to update has been hard this week. At present the office is pretty empty due to some high level meeting I was neither invited to nor want to attend. I'm pretty sure they are discussing education but I'm pretty sure it boils down to money because that's what our office is in charge off. (But not me, that's just where my desk is.) I paid for my tickets home yesterday which is a big worry off my back, and I got paid today, so everything evens out nicely. Dropped running down to four days a week from five but included another day of badminton. (And my body is thanking me.) So now I do that now three days a week. I am pulling back a bit but will increase it again soon. As long as one isn't running uber-far everyday it's an attainable goal. I really am in great shape but I don't want to push my luck with a nasty injury, then I wouldn't be able to run at all! I haven't had anything too serious yet but reading the injury forum on a running website was a real eye-opener. Let's run healthy, I thought. Running outside is a bit of a challenge because I hate running on busy roads or even right beside them. Luckily, just west of my house a bit are long stretches of open country roads that only have the occasional truck on them. There are actually stretches of roads I have never seen cars on. An empty road is a bit daunting in the heat of the day but at sunset is quite relaxing. The fields are pretty much being left alone this month to grow and the green hills just roll off into the distance.

The writing of this post was violently interrupted be a rain shower. A single solitary grey cloud with a grudge. Pretty spectacular but it would only last a couple of minutes as we could see the sun the entire time. The "we" here is a bunch of teachers and students caught under the canopy of the building waiting for the rain to stop. Everyone was having a good time trying to push each other into the rain and once that because boring we searched out the inevitable rainbow. I was tired before but feel invigorated now and I'm sure if our readers could be here they would agree the air seems fresh.

No comments: