Monday, June 11, 2007

The Dog days of Summer

I'm trying to limit my movement as I write this. I'm not sick, but lately the temperature has sky rocketed along with the humidity. Everyone is moving lethargically as they do their work. My students seem handle the heat fine but they wear expressions like they are melting as we go through the lessons. Interestingly, I just read a note in the news that the rainy season that normally starts this month has been practically non-existent this year. Update date on the lock: it's still not fixed but it wouldn't entirely matter as I left all the windows of my house open to get a cross draft through. Lastly I wanted to add that I have finished running, for the next three days at least. Tonight badminton but tomorrow is the Board of Education mini-volleyball tournament that was a lot of fun last year on account of all the people I know in Shikaoi. Thursday night badminton again. But as the world turns I promise to run again Friday.

No comments: