Thursday, April 06, 2006

Send News

I have been closely watching with humour the comical drama that is Ralph Klein's retirement. He is really causing a tempest in a teapot, on a national scale even. I read the Alberta news and am struck be the fact Progressive Conservative M.L.A.'s (that have the majority) are still willing to rush the proposed health care reforms. At the moment there is a lot of upheaval; it's a big distraction for the politicians involved and the people watching. But still they press ahead. The most discouraging thing about the reforms however, at least to me, is that I have no idea what is being planned. I am clueless as to what is being proposed. And I watch these things closely! Oh, there is one thing I know because he keeps repeating it. "It may violate the Canadian Health Act." Like that's encouraging. As I mentioned in a previous post I believe things are moving very fast; and I seemed to have been proven right again. It's not that I want to stop or even reverse them, just slow the issue. But there seems to be an amazing amount of force - pushing through even chaos incarnate - to get them passed.

No comments: