Thursday, March 08, 2007

Friday Again

A nice sunny Friday is all that it takes to put me in a good mood. Everything for the week is done - behind me - and I can update guilt free. This is made especially easy because everyone appears to be out of the on business. It's nice to catch this quiet moment because looking back on this week, I did a ton of stuff for work. The only thing that could possibly overcome this week is looking forward to next week. But this slows down after Wednesday as the school year winds down.

My good mood was quite infectious to the people around me and I found myself smiling a lot. In the morning I had a senior citizens English class. I love a small change in my schedule like this and I applied a lot from what I learned doing it last year. I was most surprised at the great reception of my last game. The game involved spelling Japanese words in romaji. 70 year olds were on their feet, pointing, scrambling to find the pieces for the word. It worked far better than I expected and we ended up playing it longer than schedule. I will certianly make a note of it for future classes.

In the afternoon I had an open class at school that went as well as can be expected. The teacher always plans too much and then goes through the material very slow, thus we didn't get to finish today's lesson plan. No one seemed to mind however, least of all the grade 3s and 4s, who were in very high spirits. Tonite: A salad, yaki-tofu, and sweet potatoes for dinner and then badminton. I get to play singles tonite, correction - I get to lose at badminton tonite. Haha! Hope everyone has a good weekend!

1 comment:

Monsta said...

ah, there's nothing like a nice friday

have a nice weekend blair :)