Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Time out

Got back to the Hotel a bit early to get ready for dinner. I was surprised how empty the sites were this morning. You can do lots things quicker with no crowds. Sean and I didn't talk too much to each other this morning because in the space of one morning we saw two UNESCO World Heritage sites that left us speechless. Both of which we were able to walk back to our hotel from. Kyoto is a place that is knee deep in world class history and I will need to come back many times before I ever get my fill. I have enjoyed peering down Kyoto's long narrow streets and imagining what could lie at the end of them: a quiet temple? a reverent shrine? the perfect Japanese meal? For dinner we've planned to head back to Gion and Poncho, two of Kyoto's oldest neigbourhoods and perfect examples of this enviroment. Poncho street espeically is exicting because I bet the street can only fit four people abreast and must look much like it did hundreds of years ago. And yesterday we saw Nishiki market! We've done so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!

Glad you didn't seem to have that much of a problem blogging.

Internet connection back here is way sucky.

More pictures please! Haha.