Sunday, July 23, 2006

Exercise in Speed Posting

This is going to be a bear bones post because we are soon to be out the door to the last of what has been over a week of giant dinners. We are going to visit the Sakaguchi family in Sasagawa. Most of the day was spent packaging between watching rounds of Sumo; it was the final day of the Nagoya Summer Sumo Tournament. I think most everything is under control. I wish I had more time to polish my iPod playlists for the trip but I will be bringing my laptop with me so it can, in honesty, be an ongoing process. I didn't get any runs in this week and I am starting to feel slightly guilty (only slightly); Yesterday I near ate my weight in Yukiniku and Kaitenzushi. I promise I will become like a monk in August and only eat white rice, bark, miso soup, and what not. Tomorrow, everyone is up early for a good-bye breakfast at Chomin Hall; hence the pressing need to get all the packing done today. And a word to those who are thinking about visiting Japan: My mom has received an amazing amount of gifts. Unbelievable.

While everyone in the Stony Plain deligation will be going home on Tuesday, my mom and I will be staying on in Sapporo for a week.

No comments: