Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Content Creation

Today my blog fully realizes its destiny - the goal of any blog - the creation of pointless information to fill the void. The way I see it, I have this blog, which must constantly be fed. Nothing of any substance is really going on. Describing my day in detail is out of the question. It's tedious. Bordering on painful. Describing my day in the broadest terms - I taught English, I made children laugh - seems kind of aloof to me. I looked at reviewing a good website or book but I don't have the energy. I could talk about politics but it still seems too soon after the federal election. I also looked at doing some kind of humorous questionary seen on other blogs - that would satify the pointlessness - but I couldn't find anything I thought was funny enough. I could talk about my feelings but I much rather just bottle them up.

I opened the blogger window and didn't know what to write. So I took a short break and went to Chomin Hall (in the same building as the Board of Education where I work) and found my students practicing for a band performance. Well, not much practicing was going on, so I visited for a while. I know you may think this I is where I found my inspiration to write. But that's not true. However, it did get me writing, which in the end is good.

One interesting metric I have noticed recently with the page stats is that a particular search engine (MSN.com) constantly sends people to my "Tokyu Hands" blog from January. This is happening because I wrote the post in Japanese and the words "Tokyu Hands" in katakana (トウキュウハンズ). For whatever reason - certainly not for reasons of objectivity - the Microsoft search engine ranks my blog as second only after the official website. It doesn't a generate significant amount of traffic, but at least one lost Japanese person a day wonders in looking for information about Tokyu Hands' Shibaya store, only to find this blog. Also - in regards to the stats - a shout out to a reader from North Dakota State University. I don't know who who are, but "Hey! Welcome. Enjoy." Actually, I don't think I know anyone from North Dakota. I am also looking to hear from Margret H. from Calgary if you read this blog (probably at work).

From here I am going to study Japanese and afterwork I am going to go for a run at the Sports Center. Tomorrow night I am playing badminton.

1 comment:

Monsta said...

i love your play of words in this post.

a much enjoyed read... ;)