Sunday, January 29, 2006

今日はいい天気だた。

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I'm just about to head off to bed because I have school tomorrow. I had a very slow weekend; I found myself doing dishes twice a day. The weekend was very relaxing, lots of time to nap on the couch in the sun, thus I am wondering now why I am so tired at the moment. I was able to go for nice long runs both days at the sport center. And I took a long walk this afternoon because it was so nice out, there was barely any wind. Read lots too. I was happy to be able to touch base with my parents on Saturday morning. I think the rates have decreased since my last trip to Japan and the quality is amazing - just like talking to someone across the street. It's nice because then the conversation can flow much more naturally. We had lots to talk about plan future visits here. I have been making contact with Koriyama, Fukushima-ken, where I was hosted as a Rotary exchange student in 1999-2000. I am in the early process of planning a trip down there for May. I am very excited about this prospect. I would love the opportunity to reconnect with many there and also see my old high school. Also on the horizon is a trip to the Sapporo Snow Festival. It's a festival, larger than the Calgary Stampede, where they make huge - huge - snow sculptures right in the middle of Sapporo. I am giddy with anticipation. For the week of the festival, for which I am only going for the weekend, Sapporo becomes an international city with many visitors and international participants.

No comments: