Tuesday, August 16, 2005



Ah, here's a picture from the top of the hill at the Edmonton Folk Music Festival, which ran from Aug. 4th to 7th. The Birdsell tarp, quite full, was of course much closer to the stage. I mention this, with some degree of pride, since we ran the tarp early each day- very early. We had to be very organized because we shared the tarp with many friends and family; imagine the Birdsells invading a small country (but only thing being conqured is a piece of land- 8'x11'- for our tarp). I would also like to say, with no pride but will happiness, that this was my 11th year attending the festival. Not a record, but man we know the ropes. Hopefully I will post one more picture if I can find the digital image in my parent's HD. Shout out to my good friend Pat who joined us.

Just to add to this; in some small way listening to music, outside, in the sun, is as close to paradise as I can ever imagine. Just watching the sun depart the Alberta blue sky and dip slowly behind Edmonton is awesome; add great tunes and its transendental.

By now I have fully recovered, brought back to reality by this computer Im typing on. A brand new 12inch silver powermac (aluminum actually). It doesn't make me look cooler, or sexier, or more stylish with the bling... but I will be able to do lots of writting in Japan on it. I named it wower. Hopefully I will also be posting a picture of it too. Also of note, I just ripped like 300 CDs on to its HD which is something I do not plan on ever doing again- ever.

...Busy packing...

No comments: