Saturday, January 31, 2004

Well, I lied. Not a good way to start a blog about the truth. It's not getting any warmer in Calgary. It was supposed to be -2C last Friday and it wasn't even close at -28C. However, the news on Friday said it will get up to 2C by Tuesday. Now we're all going to stay in this -20C deep freeze all next week.

So why no quote today? I have lots of quotes from smarter people than I but the whole reason for a blog is kind of the whole pointlessness of it. Even the word- blog- sounds like a word to which no rules can be ascribed. I decided that I would do a short profile of a website; that is Project Censored. Their goal is to highlight the biggest news stories that you never heard. The program has been run from Sonoma State University since 1973. This is the link to their top 25 stories that never made the cut for the main stream news in 2002-2003. A very enlightening read. I just saw a reindeer and a polar bear fighting over a hot chocolate in the street in front of my house. It is very cold.

No comments: