Friday, April 27, 2007

To add:


I nearly forgot, I wanted to add that early this morning at 1:37 AM local time we had a huge earthquake that woke me up rather quickly. It woke me up with a start and in the fog of just waking up it was hard to process what was happening. Lying in bed, it was the type of quake that makes you wonder if, at some point, it wouldn't better to head for cover under a table. I remember it seemed so loud but it being the dead of night had to be a factor in that. It also started with a violence shake that I have talked about on these pages before and that makes it unusual. I thought I was falling out of bed. Even though this time it woke the whole town up, I'm still the only person talking about it today. According to the data it was pretty close. Shikaoi is red in the attached picture; the 5.4 earthquare is represented by the star.

1 comment:

James said...

it is becomming more and more obvious that the earthquakes in Japan are more dangerous than i have thought, regarless i will leave the worrying to my mother.