Saturday, February 03, 2007

From the Blowing Snow Dept.

I really wanted to read this morning but I think I will update first; despite - it should be noted - having nearly no visitors on my blog today! Yesterday, I had people from all over the place: Australia, Austria, Japan, Canada, Maylasia. But today, it seems, everyone feels like me; lazy, lethargic, etc. Last night the Pure Malt Center hosted a "Live" (as they are called here) an event that this time included turntables, speakers, and very cheap drinks. Young people from all over came out of the wood work (a place to keep people out of trouble on a Saturday night I guess) but to make it extra special we partied into the early morning which happened to be my teaching partner in Shikaoi Vivian's birthday. Also invited were some other local foreign English teachers so there were lots and lots of people to mingle with.

It also started to snow last night, a very nice fluffy snow, but today the wind is roaring, changing the view from my living room window from sunny day to white-out blizzard every couple of minutes. It's always a bit disturbing when the house shakes from the wind and I did notice some wind damage outside on the street (not the first time) in the form of a busted, hanging, awkwardly swinging traffic signal. I'm sure it will be fixed promptly, however, and will be the talk of the town on Monday.

2 comments:

James said...

really i only come for the photos
WHERE ARE ALL THE PHOTOS?!

I'm far to a visual person for these purely written shananagens Blair

bb said...

:(

I like writing....

and isnt it late your time??!?!