Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Busy Week Turning into a Wreck

Things are a bit strange this week with my being out of the office for business for the first time. For two days straight to boot. Wednesday is an open class for grade two where the parents will watch. I think it's a normal class but kids can act unpredictably when their parents are watching; sometimes in a better-behaved, under-heavy-sedatives kind-of-way. But whereas we use a game that has had a great reaction all year, all of a sudden the same game is like asking them to play with bits of string and knit-knacks.

Thursday, I am in Sapporo to visit Immigration Japan to finish what is needed to get my work visa transfered over to my new passport. Also, I received my new passport on Monday. It came without any problems and probably wasn't worth the worry. And on Friday I am going on to a nearby town, near the ocean actually, to observe elementary classes. Thus, there are lots and lots of little things that need to get done before I leave, including filing paperwork in Japanese and endless emails to sort out details.

No comments: