Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Cool Water



Wow. Sorry about that last post. I just kind of bumbled along. I was torn; I felt guilty for not posting but was so tired. The Blog-o-sphere seems to be more about quantity over quality so I hit the "post" button. In hindsight I got a ton done yesterday so at least that felt good, it is just that I was unnaturally tired after. At seven o'clock I was like, "Must.. keep... eyes... open..." I was beaten up at school pretty bad today. I was on the wrong side of a grade two wielding a pineapple. Actually, it was just one lucky shot that happen to land right on that bone that sticks out of your ankle. Ouch. It wasn't intentional. Living here, Zen kind of rubs off on you and I didn't get angry or react. I did react, I said ouch, and told him to be careful. Getting mad at a seven year old would not had made me feel any better. This week I am also battling a sore knee from who knows when. Am I falling apart? Sometimes I wonder. I have a slight headache now and am drinking some bottled water. You don't look as trendy drinking Volvic natural mineral water as you do in downtown Calgary but I thought it might be refreshing.

In other dangerous news; I noticed a group of grade sixes yesterday on their way home from school playing a game. It was one where they tried to hit small rocks with a scrap piece of wood (with dangerous looking edges) they had found in some garbage heap somewhere. Tons of fun, I'm sure, but someone was going to lose an eye. So I yelled over, "What the frig at you doing?!!!" Two girls (who are enamored with the gaijin) suddenly turn and take off across the road. Great. Now I am causing more trouble just being there. Their suppose to want to visit a foreign country, not risk life and limb. I had stopped one of my grade threes from running across the road the day before with a sharp "Stop! I'll come over okay?" There wasn't a car in sight but the grade sixes should know better. I would have died if they had gotten hurt.

Also, to continue a topic from yesterday's post about the long Winters here. Unbelievably; my schedule all the way to August is quickly getting filled. Things slowed down so much I thought the pace would continue forever. The Sakura appeared here and then I turned around and my week is full.

No comments: