Monday, October 31, 2005

Shikaoi Kindergarten Today




My schedule has been a bit unusual lately. I'm not doing much work at the elementary schools because they are busy getting ready for the fall school cultural festivals. For whatever reason, English class is the first thing to go. Ultimately, I don't mind, because it gives me an opportunity to visit various kindergartens. Today, it was Shikaoi's largest kindergarten with 66 students. It was a lot of fun teaching three, four and five year olds, but now I'm drained. Some people have been liking the images of children and so I offer below some from today. The last two are worth noting. Just before I left we lined up all the kids to say thank-you and good-bye. It was very kind, if a bit noisy. It's a shame that the image can not get across how loud the kids were when the shot was taken. They broke ranks and followed me right out the door. The last image gives a fair impression of how riotous my farewell was. (Indeed, it is indicitive of almost everyone exit I do from a school in Shikaoi.) You can see the kids stretch quite far back into the hall. Enjoy.




1 comment:

Ohjeeze said...

It looks like you are having a remarkable experience. Best of luck to you.