Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Arrived Back!

Sorry I've been so busy lately. Today is quite different in character; everyone in the office is complaining - perhaps only half-hearteningly - that there's nothing to do. But the big news is that as I was walking into the office this afternoon from the Junior High School, I noticed that there were buses in front of the building - buses belonging to the group of students whom had traveled to Stony Plain. They had arrived home. All were in one piece, which is not completely surprising considering it took nearly three days to get back. They spent one night each in Vancouver and Sapporo. Some teachers commented that they were not tired because of the leisurely course perused. Be this as it may, all teachers and grade 10 students will not need to come to school until Monday. I should also mention that last night was a bit of a gong show. A note to the wary about going anywhere to eat with Kevin, Yuki and Yuki's good friend Natsue. What was suppose to be a quick dinner ended, a lot later, in a Kareoke bar. I only sang one song, a duet with Kevin, it was a fine attempt - although ultimately doomed - effort, since the song was in Japanese. After they reasoned the biggest thing I could do to improve my kareoke would be to stop laughing whenever a kanji I didn't know flashed up (about every line). I was laughing so hard at the end of Sukiyaki I couldn't breath. It was lucky I went out to kareoke since I found tonites dinner there. I bumped into Yoko there (who had just visited Stony Plain in September) and was invited out with her and some other english teachers. So, rest assured, I have found my dinner for tonite! I had offered to bring tofu miso soup (about the easiest ever thing to make) but was politely decline. I have a feeling they do not yet trust my cooking, or more preciously in regards to miso shiru, my ability to cut soft tofu, stir in a spoon full of miso, and boil water.

No comments: