Thursday, September 29, 2005

iFall Night in Shikaoi Inside the Usui's Home

I thought I was having a long day today until I bumped into some of the Shikaoi Stony Plain delegation at school and they looked both haggard and sick. What did you guys do to them? Actually, I think they are very tired. The women would stayed at our house, who I have not yet touched base with yet, have told me through Mrs. Usui how thankful they were for our family's hospitality. I hope to see them tomorrow or on the weekend.

I spent all today at my Junior High School, Urimaku Chu Gakko - from 8:30 to 5:30. Yesterday was especially fun, I met all my 34 grade ones at Shikaoi Elementary School. We have to meet in the Gym because its the only room in the school that can contain such energy. I was going to bring my camera but decided against it, it wouldn't had made a different anyway because I noticed later the battery was dead. Regardless, I will not forget my camera next time. Bringing my camera anywhere in school horribly disrupts the class - but the kids are so cute! It doesn't seem that anyone really tries to teach the grade one's English in any sort of organized fashion. They just try to play games in English and hope something rubs off on the 6 year olds. And tomorrow, I'm lucky, besides going to Urimaku Elementary School, I get to go to the Urimaku kindergarten. I can`t wait!

No comments: